Scalable, Expandable, Precise and High Retention
A critical aspect of network and application performance visibility is scalability, as it directly determines how much of the network and application can be monitored.
It’s also a key element in planning for the future as traffic volumes rise and application counts increase.
That being said, capture rate should not be the sole criteria when evaluating the scalability of a network and application performance management solution (NPM / APM). The volume of network traffic to be analyzed is only a useful indicator if the performance management solution is able to deliver on the following points:
- data is sufficiently precise for performing diagnostics
- data is retained long enough to provide historic trend analysis and performance baselines upon which to draw conclusions
- data can be captured at each and every location where it is needed to solve problems
SkyLIGHT™ PVX combines scalability, granularity, and data retention to provide IT professionals with the most effective way to diagnose network and application performance. SkyLIGHT PVX offers:
- High capture rate:With all network and application decoders active, each SkyLIGHT PVX appliance can capture over 1.2M pps (packets per second) with zero network impact, and every packet analyzed at wire speed
- Scalability:SkyLIGHT PVX’s distributed traffic capture architecture easily handles dozens of connected appliances (physical or virtual) while providing centralized analytics, visualization, and management. SkyLIGHT PVX provides access–and therefore visibility–on to all network and application data across data centers, virtualized and cloud environments, and branch offices
- Precision:SkyLIGHT PVX provides the highest levels of granularity, retaining data to support the most detailed forms of analysis. SkyLIGHT PVX achieves this by aggregating trace files, generating more than 100 metrics for each Layer 3 session, and capturing detailed transactions and analytics for each application. There is virtually no limit to the volume of data that SkyLIGHT PVX can process and analyze
- Data retention:While maintaining reasonable levels of storage, SkyLIGHT PVX’s detailed troubleshooting data is retained for a month, while baseline data and performance statistics can be kept for up to 2 years