Universal Data Center Coverage
With its support for universal data center coverage, SkyLIGHT™ PVX delivers leading speed to insight with unified network and application performance management (NPM / APM) that efficiently covers the entire application chain over virtualized, hybrid, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, and private infrastructure.
Accedian (Performance Vision) was recognized for the first time in Gartner’s 2018 Network Performance Monitoring and Diagnostics (NPMD) Magic Quadrant Report.
In the report, Gartner points out that in general, “support for monitoring cloud and hybrid IT environments remains limited. (Read Report)”
Proving that there is an exception to every rule, SkyLIGHT PVX’s universal data center coverage delivers complete network performance monitoring, full cloud application performance monitoring, and extensive SaaS application performance monitoring. SkyLIGHT PVX fully addresses the challenge of managing cloud and hybrid IT environment performance head-on, with support for public, private, and hybrid clouds; support for public and private SaaS applications; and support for software-defined networks (SDN). All of this is available from a single, integrated user interface.
Accedian has developed a range of SkyLIGHT PVX solution components designed to monitor performance wherever it needs to be captured and analyzed. These include:
- physical capture appliances capable of analyzing links from 1 Gbps up to 40 Gbps in speed, and that offer a wide range of network interface options
- virtual capture appliances that can intercept and analyze east-west traffic inside virtualized data centers; public, private, and hybrid clouds; and SDN while being both resource-savvy and cost-effective
- a distributed architecture that can coordinate and centralize the management of dozens of capture devices and can scale to the requirements of the largest organizations
SkyLIGHT PVX’s powerful network and application performance monitoring and management (NPM / APM) features enable organizations to cover every aspect of their IT infrastructure to monitor:
- traffic between users and multiple data centers (north-south traffic)
- traffic inside data centers (east-west traffic) including across virtualized and cloud environments
- traffic to remote sites, such as branch offices with the use of SkyLIGHT PVX micro probes, the SkyLIGHT FBX packet broker, and the ability to capture network flows directly from existing switches and routers (e.g., NetFlow, sFlow, jFlow, IPFix, etc.)
 Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Network Performance Monitoring and Diagnostics, (ID: G00326772), Authors: Sanjit Ganguli, Pankaj Prasad, Vivek Bhalla, 21 February 2018
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.