“We clearly have shorter resolution times with SkyLIGHT PVX! We get clear facts and answers instantly… and helps our network and security teams improve our infrastructure.”
— Jeremy Renard, Network Engineering
BPCE is the second largest banking group in France, with over 100,000 employees and more than 31 million customers, many of whom are cooperative shareholders of the corporation. The company, which has many subsidiaries, offers banking and insurance services including personal banking, cash management services, and wholesale banking.
The BPCE IT department, which has over 1,200 employees, initially selected PVX as a performance monitoring solution for its WAN network, which connected remote branches to the main data center and headquarters. Due to the successful deployment of this solution, the company engaged with SkyLIGHT™ PVX to increase the project’s scope to include application performance monitoring, traffic between the company and key partners, and data exchanges and clusters within the data center.
BPCE, through SkyLIGHT PVX, now has a 360-degree visibility solution that:
- Shortens resolution time with significant ROI savings
- Identifies and pinpoints the problem origin point quickly and easily
- Helps with capacity planning
- Troubleshoots network issues
- Reduces performance risk specific to technical migrations and change management
- Offers real-time transaction analysis capabilities
- Lowers total cost of ownership (TCO) as it relates to systems administration and maintenance
Business Value and ROI
Since the solution was deployed, the institution has achieved or surpassed its key business objectives.
ROI Value: Cost savings realized across entire IT infrastructure especially with new rollouts and corporate-wide initiatives such as digital transformation.
- Streamlined, easy-to-use, and expedited process to identify root cause of a bottleneck, slow down, or degradation. Pinpoints problem origin expediently and efficiently, optimizing staff productivity.
- Utilized frequently to troubleshoot network issues including MTU issues in complex VPN infrastructure.
- Real-time, 360-degree visibility into network and application performance, which drives shorter resolution times, optimizes productivity, and mitigates cyber-security threats. More time for application rollout, testing, change management, and bandwidth analysis. Less time spent on resource-depleting bottlenecks.
- Real-time transaction analysis helps accelerate fault-handling process throughout the IT infrastructure. For example, database flagging and error reporting helped reduce downtime (and loss of revenue/brand value) related to a customer-facing e-banking application.
SHARE THIS CASE STUDY
Get started with a 15-day free trial today!
No credit card required.